Pancetta Piacentina PDO 1kg
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
PDO Pancetta Piacentina is a PDO cured meat typical of Piacenza in Emilia Romagna region. It comes from the fattiest cut of the pork, called “pancettone”, sprinkled with a mixture of salt and spices, rolled, tied and then left to dry in special rooms for 10-15 days. The curing period lasts up to 8-12 months depending on the weight.
It is a very versatile type of cured meats, used to enhance the flavour of many dishes. It can be served on a platter, simply sliced. To ensure a "melting effect” in the mouth, we suggest cutting very thin slices and serving at room temperature.
- Weight: approx. 1 Kg air-dried
- Region: Emilia Romagna
- Ingredients: Pork, salt, flavourings and spices
- Storage temperature: < 8° C
- Storage: Store in a cool and dry place
- Shelf-life: 60 days from the date of production