Red pepper sauce with ricotta and anchovies
The sweetness of pepper and ricotta meets the strong taste of anchovy to create an explosion of flavours you absolutely need to try!
- Cook peppers over high heat and keep turning so that their skin chars evenly.
- Wash them under running water and remove the roasted skin.
- Remove seeds and cut peppers into small pieces. Transfer to a blender and emulsify with extra virgin olive oil in order to obtain a bright red sauce.Store in the fridge.
- Whisk ricotta with Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt.
- Gently pat the anchovies dry.
Plate PresentationPour the sauce into a plastic squeeze bottle and create 3 circles on a plate. Scoop a quenelle of ricotta mousse onto each circle and arrange the anchovies alongside. Garnish with some seasoned baby spinach leaves and the olive tapenade.
The Chef’s SuggestionUsing a blender, you can prepare a homemade olive tapenade by mixing 100g of black olives, 20g of capers and 70g of olive oil.