The pea soup combined with delicious crispy shrimps is an excellent idea to propose an alternative and extremely tasty first dish.
- Prepare a vegetable stock.
- Julienne the onion, sauté into a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil. Add peas and let them develop a richer flavour for a few minutes.
- Fill with vegetable stock and cook for about 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Use a hand blender to mix until creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add more vegetable stock.
Orange flavoured ricotta
- Put ricotta cheese into a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and gradually pour orange juice on it.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Let it rest for a few minutes in the fridge.
- Heat oil into a frying pan. Flour prawns and remove flour in excess.
- Once oil is hot enough, deep-fry prawns until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Take a soup plate, and fill with pea soup.
- Top with a quenelle of ricotta cheese (food item made into oval or egg shape) and crispy prawns.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on top of each serving. Your pea soup, crispy prawns and orange-flavoured ricotta dish is now ready to serve!