Pea soup, crispy prawns and orange-flavoured ricotta
The pea soup combined with delicious crispy shrimps is an excellent idea to propose an alternative and extremely tasty first dish.
PREPARATION TIME 15 minutes
COOKING TIME 20 minutes
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
12 prawn tails, shell-off
Vegetable oil, for frying
100g ricotta cheese
Juice of half an orange
Salt and pepper
- Prepare a vegetable stock.
- Julienne the onion, sauté into a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil. Add peas and let them develop a richer flavour for a few minutes.
- Fill with vegetable stock and cook for about 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Use a hand blender to mix until creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add more vegetable stock.
Orange flavoured ricotta
- Put ricotta cheese into a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and gradually pour orange juice on it.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Let it rest for a few minutes in the fridge.
- Heat oil into a frying pan. Flour prawns and remove flour in excess.
- Once oil is hot enough, deep-fry prawns until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Take a soup plate, and fill with pea soup.
- Top with a quenelle of ricotta cheese (food item made into oval or egg shape) and crispy prawns.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on top of each serving. Your pea soup, crispy prawns and orange-flavoured ricotta dish is now ready to serve!
Also in Italian style
Create rich and creamy chocolate truffle at home. Find out our recipe!
A risotto in which red wine is in a perfect contrast with the fat texture of the sausage.
Pesto is one of the best kown italian cold sauce