This soup is quick, easy and light and a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. Garnish it with coriander.
PREPARATION TIME 20 minutes
COOKING TIME Chicken stock 1 hour, Carrot soup 20 minutes
500g large carrots
600g chicken stock (celery, carrot, onion, bay, chicken)
100g red onion
1 garlic clove
100g fresh ginger, grated
100g goat milk
Salt and pepper
- Wash, clean and cube vegetables. Place chicken and chopped vegetables into in a large, deep-bottomed pan. Add water and bring to the boil.
- Cook over medium heat for at least one hour. Strain the stock before using it.
- Sauté washed and peeled carrots with sliced onion, pressed garlic, grated ginger, cumin and curry powder.
- Once sautéed and well combined, pour on the stock and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Tip into food processor and mix until smooth. Return to stove and add milk. Season with salt and pepper and stir carefully.
- Before serving, garnish with coriander.